For the most part, many physicians expect the rise of incentive-based bonuses to benefit themselves and their patients, according to a survey by The Medicus Firm and MDLinx.com Career Center. The following portion of survey respondents believes incentive-based bonuses would have a “positive” effect on these five specific areas:
• Quality of patient care: 52 percent
• Patient satisfaction: 49 percent
• Patient outcomes: 50 percent
• Physician compensation: 41 percent
• Physician job satisfaction: 45 percent
Thirty-six percent had a “very negative” view of how incentive-based bonuses will affect their compensation. The survey was conducted by M3 Global Research and includes responses from 536 physicians.