As of August 2014, the following were the results in the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs:
- More than 490,000 eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals are actively registered.
- More than 412,000 health care providers received payment for participating.
- In May 2013, CMS announced that more than half of all eligible health care providers had been paid under the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs.
- More than $16.2 billion in Medicare EHR Incentive Program payments have been made between May 2011 and August 2014.
- More than $8.5 billion in Medicaid EHR Incentive Program payments have been made between January 2011 (when the first set of states launched their programs) and August 2014.