The American Academy of Family Physicians and Humana recently conducted a survey on physician attitudes toward value based payments. Here are some key findings from the report:
- 1 in 3 family physicians are already actively pursuing value-based payment opportunities today.
- 19% are developing value-based payment capabilities but waiting before fully pursuing.
- 1 in 4 don’t know or are not sure of their practice’s status or current strategy toward value-based payments.
- 32% don’t know if value-based payment models are available in their market.
- 9 in 10 indicated lack of staff time as a barrier to implementing value-based care delivery.
- 87% will have to make substantial investments in health IT to be successful using value-based payments.
Source: American Academy of Family Physicians, December 1, 2015